Marked Men Banner

Marked Men Banner

Friday, July 19, 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire

“And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her. ” Jamie McGuire - Walking Disaster

Though I finished this book sometime ago, it was the best book I've ever read. After reading Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) and falling in love with Abby & (in lust) with Travis, there was absolutely NO WAY I was not going read to his POV.

As with its predecessor, I was hooked from beginning to end; reveling in each and every word. I enjoyed the fast paced action scenes that prevented the story from going slow - a definite page turner.

The characters were even more adorable this time around to see them thru Travis's eyes. Jamie truly amazed me with her mad writing skills by bringing Travis and Abby to life. I totally felt Travis's happiness when he fell in love with Abby and felt his heartache when she left him. She knows her stuff and she can write a good story, especially male characters.

I found Abbey questionable as times (why does she keep giving Travis such a hard time!?!?), I just wanted to pull my hair out, strand by strand. There were times when Abbey drove me nearly mad.

The ending is a tad bittersweet since it's the end of Travis and Abbey's tale. But the epilogue provides a sneak peak into their future so that helps. It does, however, provide a fast-paced introduction to the Maddox brothers. And, according Jamie's website, she's writing books for each brother: Trent, Thomas and the twins :) YAY!  I'm excited to see what else she has in store for us.

This book was a pleasure to read. Even after the first time. Though I recommend book 1 first, there's no need for it, as book 2 can stand on its own. I also thought this book was stronger than book 1 - or maybe I'm just partial to Travis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment