Marked Men Banner

Marked Men Banner

Friday, April 19, 2013

Legend of the Blue Eyes by Kristin McMichael

I received this book as an Author Review Request (ARR) from goodreads.com.  This did not influence my review in any way 
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Published March 15th 2013 by Lexia Press

 
In the Legend of the Blue Eyes, Kristin McMichael adds a new twist to vampire and werewolves folklore by introducing night humans. This interesting new perspective, though engaging, could use more development and depth but overall I like the story.
 
There are a lot of characters in this book, but they weren't given much depth, most of all Arianna. There's a lot of drama in the story--death, realization, first kiss, first love, love triangle--where's her internal conflict over these guys? where's the giddiness over her first kiss from a hot guy (Team Devin!!!)? Would have loved to see more dimensions to all the characters (yes, especially Devin).

At first I did not love the book and was the narrative made it painful to continue reading. It seemed very "tween".  In some parts, the dialog between characters seemed forced and unrealistic.

Once I got over all this, surprisingly, it kept me interested to want to read the rest and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.  This review somewhat challenging; I torn between my love of McMichael's writing in To Stand Beside Her, and the lack of development and depth in this book.  But I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment